To view GCA's School Profile 2016-2017, click here. (Updated 9/23/16)
Since 2010, GCA's Upper School (7th - 12th grade) has operated as a University-Model® School.
GCA offers honors and dual-enrollment classes and prepares students to succeed in college.
GCA is a member of USMI (University Model Schools International) formerly know as NAUMS (National Association of University Model Schools.)
Core courses are taught college-style three days a week on Monday/Wednesday/Friday. Beginning with the 2017-2018 school year, elective classes will be taught college-style two days a week on Tuesday/Thursday.
To view the 2017-2018 Upper School Class Schedule, click here (Updated 6/26/17)
GCA hosts University-Model® Upper School informational meetings on a Tuesday evening during the school year in the months of November, January, February, March and April. Please join us at one of these Information Meetings to learn more about the benefits of a University-Model School®.
Upper School course offerings for 2017-2018 include the following:
- Pre-Algebra (Art of Problem Solving)
- Algebra I CP or Honors (Prentice Hall Classics)
- Geometry (Jacobs)
- Algebra II CP or Honors (Prentice Hall Classics)
- Pre-Calculus Honors(BJU)
- Calculus Honors (Art of Problem Solving)
- General Science (Apologia)
- Earth Science (BJU)
- Physical Science (Apologia)
- Biology CP or Honors (Apologia)
- Chemistry CP or Honors (Apologia)
- Physics CP or Honors (Apologia)
- Anatomy & Physiology Honors (Apologia)
- World Geography (BJU)
- Ancient History Honors
- Medieval History Honors
- American History Honors
- Government Honors
- Economics Honors
- Literature & Composition A
- Literature & Composition B
- Ancient Literature & Composition Honors
- Medieval Literature & Composition Honors
- American Literature & Composition Honors
- British Literature & Composition Honors
- Spanish I (BJU)
- Spanish II (BJU)
- Spanish III (BJU)
- New Testament Survey
- Old Testament Survey
- Systematic Theology
- Introductory Logic (1st semester)
- Intermediate Logic (2nd semester)
- Rhetoric - Public Speaking
- Rhetoric - Composition
- Senior Thesis Honors
- Latin I (Wheelock's)
- Latin II (Wheelock's)
- Latin III Honors (Wheelock's)
Application/Enrollment/Tuition Costs for 2017-2018:
- Application Fee: $50 for each student new to GCA (non-refundable). To apply as a new student, follow our enrollment process here.
- Enrollment Fee: $200 non-refundable fee per student regardless of how many classes are taken.
- Tuition: $66 per month (for 10 months) for courses that meet 3 hours per week for both semesters.
In addition to the above costs, families are responsible for:
- lab fees
- rental fees for textbooks
- consumable workbooks, parallel reading and reference books
- fees for field trips or class trips
- individual student supplies
- school clothing that is in line with the dress code
- GCA's Upper School is available for homeschoolers and particularly suited to homeschooling families who only want to enroll their child part-time. A full-time Upper School student will take at least six classes, but students may enroll in as little as one UMS class. Students desiring to enroll in this program need to meet GCA admission requirements and agree to all policies and procedures outlined in the Student-Parent Handbook. For more information, contact Admissions Director Nancy Blough for more information at email@example.com
Teachers - If you are interested in finding out more information about our hiring procedure, visit the Employment page here.